← Back to news
For the last few months, we have been busy researching the game files and improving our tools. Along the way, we made many discoveries, some of which are making their way onto the database site.
- Effect graph: Effects colored by type and animated based on duration.
- Talents: Similar to passive abilities, they change the stats of certain class abilities, and are now listed on the site.
- Attack waves: NPC abilities now have a wave column, indicating during which part of the boss fight the ability can be used.
- Various effect initializers, triggers, conditions and actions have been reworked to expose important information and hide redundant details.
We will continue to figure out the remaining mysteries to lay the foundation for the future. For the coming year, our plans are:
- Porting world viewer to WebGPU, with an emphasis on performance and interactivity.
- Adding cross-references to file reader, so when opening an NPC, you can see all locations where it is spawned in the world.
- Rewriting our patch deployment pipeline, once again low-code with a focus on graphical node editing.
- Investigating xVASynth v3 to support the modding community with the Largest Entertainment Voice Over Project.
But even if we finish these, there is so much more left to understand - HeroScript Language, Scaleform GFx, SpeedTree, Morpheme, cloth simulation and particle emitters.
Finally, we want to thank the community - fellow dataminers, theorycrafters, modders and artists - for their support and encouragement. We hope you'll enjoy Showdown on Ruhnuk tomorrow, and that our site remains a positive force for your gameplay.